Monday 27 May 2013

Goodbye Frizz (I hope)

On the way to the bookstore, we passed a hair salon and I asked about getting my hair straightened.  Since arriving here, I have had to wear my hair in a ponytail or it looks like a hot mess.  The salon was able to fit me in this afternoon so after a quick lunch, I headed back to the salon for my treatmeant.  I have to admit, I was initially nervous.  What if the treatment fries my hair?  But I took solace in knowing that it couldn't look any worse then it did walking into the salon.

After 2 hours, I walked out with nice, sleek, straight hair.  Prior to the treatment, just leaving an air-conditioned  building and hitting the wave of humidity would result in an awful, frizzy wave but this is no longer the case.  My hair  has remained straight even after sitting by the pool for a hour and cooking dinner in small, not well ventilated, kitchen.

Tomorrow, we are taking the boys to the infinity pool ontop of The Marina Bay Sands.  You can only use the pool if you are staying at the hotel so we will be 'vacationing' tomorrow night.  If you haven't seen images of the pool, I would recommend googling it.  We will post some of our pictures after my laptop has been repaired.

Last thought:  Tonight Jason tried the ice cream served between the multi-coloured bread; it was actually pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment